Wednesday 23 February 2011

Currently...

I'm now working on a really gripping interview, one that is so strewn with pitfalls that one feels like you're walking through a minefield. It's a story that needs to be told, however, and one that I know I will look back on for years to come.

There is so much feature work coming up and I love it. I wonder sometimes how I found myself so involved in this area and I feel so frustrated that I can't speak more openly about my projects. But I'm a staunch believer in the writer's age old fear of never discussing your work before it's written, as you will lose the ideas and feeling for it; rather like watching a flower wither and die.

I'm also putting together a collection of my short stories. This is something that I have thought of doing for a very long time. Much has been published in a variety of markets, from the web to small press, at home and overseas. I strongly feel that short fiction, once published, shouldn't be simply abandoned. It should be picked up later on and dusted off. Perhaps rewritten and (copyright depending) sent out to publishers again, so that people who missed them the first time can discover them and hopefully look for more of your work. Success in the field of short fiction can lead to success in longer works. Well, here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment