Sunday 19 September 2010

One of our friends put on her facebook account this morning "I love Gok and I'd love to appear on How To Look Good Naked". I have to admit that I had to ask Bex to read it to me again, as I misheard it the first time. Yup, I've had one of those weeks.

I've always been quite lucky with getting non-fiction published. Whether it's because I'm getting better or the editors are getting more desperate I don't know, although I suspect the latter. Trying hard to raise my profile earlier in the week I thought that it would be a good idea to fire off a list of possible projects to various editors, expecting a possible hit with one or two of them if I were lucky. Nope. All seven ideas were taken up, so I now have seven articles to write and not a lot of time to do it. I have to admit that I love the idea of all of them but just didn't expect this.

I just wish I were as lucky as this in fiction. It's a field that I feel really drawn to, so I would be the happiest man in NATO if that were the case. I'm desperate to write a few more shorts and crack on with my novel and I also have a new large project in mind that I hope to have news of later this week. So if you don't see or hear from me for a few days don't worry about sending out the search parties, I'll be found strapped to my laptop in the dark tapping away.

2 comments:

  1. At least you can defintely call yourself a writer! You will get there with the fiction one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seven out of seven? Awesome, dude! You're gonna have to blogs some tips on how to get published.

    ReplyDelete