Sunday 8 August 2010

Joy

That's as in happy, not as in person, as last night I received an email from the editor of Kalkion to say that he has has accepted and already published my short story "Faces In The Sky" and the two poems I sent him will be published online later this week. What brilliant news! Things are indeed starting to look up and I have the MA course, the other students and members of both the Orbiter groups to thank for it. These are published at:

http://www.kalkion.com/

I awoke to a hilarious but somewhat loud verbal exchange between children outside this morning. A boys was telling a girl what kind of person he thought she was, following her comment on his Facebook wall. He also said that she couldn't spell, as apparently he's a coke soaker... Her reply was that this was in response to his calling her a lemon licker. I think I must be getting old, as I had to think about that for a couple of seconds. Amused no end by this exchange we had a quick look at his Facebook page to learn that this lad who says the girl cannot spell was "very pist off". Kids are incredibly entertaining!

The new job started on Monday and I have to say that it is brilliant and I am enjoying it immensely. I do look forward to when I can start training it in rather than driving in however, as it takes me about an hour and a half to drive each way. The train journey will allow me to spend time writing on my laptop and catching up with my mail and other tasks, and the office is directly across the road from the train station. Luckily this situation is happening during the uni holidays and will be sorted out - hopefully - by the time we restart.

No comments:

Post a Comment